v.0.2 - Demo Level Feature Complete!
The demo level is finally feature complete! I’ve been working on this for a long time so it feels really nice to finally have reached this milestone. This sprint took a bit longer because I had some terrible bugs with the boss, the full changelog is described below:
- The boss can do 3 different actions: shoot a laser that bounces around the room, or dash across the room, or fire a bigger laser that the player needs to jump over or slide under.
- Which action the boss will do next is randomized, but it will not choose the same action as the previous action.
- New Jump:
- During playtests, I’ve often got the feedback that the jump feels too floaty, so I have remade the jump so it feels tighter.
- If opening a door the first time and not moving forward it will not close after a while (this sounds strange but it is for preventing the player from shooting into the next room before entering it).
- Lasers do not reset correctly when the player dies.
I’ve already started on the music for the game and I will focus on finishing the songs for the title screen, and the demo level, I might make a track for the boss fight as well.
I’m not sure what awaits for the future of this project, if this is it or if I will try to gather a team and make a full-fledged game of this, we will see.
But, there will be updates in the coming months with the music! There are also a lot of bugs that I want to fix.
I hope you enjoy the game!
Get Project Forward Scroller
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.